Friday, July 18, 2008

Look what is happening in the first week of the plastics program!

My plastics campaign in the schools is having incredible success in its first week! Little kids are walking down the streets with huge bags filled with bottles, bags, and other plastics. People have told me that this is the first time in their lives that they have seen kids picking up trash from the ground, instead of tossing it on the ground. I am not sure if it is just me, but the city seems a little cleaner already, the air a little fresher...

Here are pictures from 2 of the 10 schools. These 2 called me after 3 days requesting another "BigBag" (ps... the bags are really called bigbags- once again imagine the English word with a very Bolivian accent!)

German Busche


Marista Basico

4 comments:

eileen said...

those kids are adorable and i bet they love the task of "find the garbage and pick it up!!". how many of you do you think would fit inside that giant bag?? makes me think of when we would put your duvet cover on your feather bed. such a procedure, such a procedure. more pics!! looks fabulous! i feel the clean air!

Tomas Sullivan said...

It is really great to see your project taking off. Way to go Anna!

Anna said...

hahahha... that was always funny when you walk in on me doing that!!

Thanks for the support tom! cant wait to see you guys!

Laney said...

Anna, I'm really blown away by this.