Monday, June 30, 2008

DUM DE DUM DUMMMM... back to BOLIVIA

I arrived back in Bolivia and felt the culture shock run through my body. I couldn’t stay in Santa Cruz, and left immediately for San José. It was dreary weather and I was super homesick… it was definitely a hard transition back- I kept thinking, if I just went home… where am I now. It felt so weird that I knew so many people here and that I had spent so much time here. Thank goodness for Brooklyn and my friends from Argentina- Santiago and Clara, the three of them really pulled my out of the slump and back into reality. Reality is that being here is hard, super hard, but good for me. I am learning things, and helping people. I have passed the one-year point, so it is really starting to be more like a countdown than counting the months… I need to use this time wisely and take advantage of it in many ways. Okay… one day at a time.

A couple of things that help pass the hard days... funny dances, kids, my friends clara and santiago, cooking/hanging with my sitemate jenny!





No comments: