Friday, September 5, 2008

THE INVITATION

To all of you my friends and family reading this, this is your official invitation to come visit. I have realized that although I have gotten used to most things being here for so long and I don’t miss things too much anymore, missing all of you has never gotten better or easier. I guess some days are harder than others, but all in all I hate being so far away from those I love most, and would love to see some of you before my time here is done. In the words of a great speechwriter, “Now is the time”. I have now been in Bolivia for 17 months, and have approximately 10 months to go. That means sometime next July I will be done and heading home. So now is the time for you to come visit me and explore this beautiful and crazy country for yourself, now is the time to see what it is like to be in Peace Corps. Come live the life, come help me teach English, and stomp on plastics… it’s really fun. I promise to provide a great bed, delicious breakfasts, lunch and dinner and teatime is included in the no fee rate. My town offers the only stone Jesuit mission church in Bolivia, great broasted chicken, 2+ hour siestas, wonderful sunsets, endless Spanish lessons, siestas, friendly people who are sure to tell you they love you (their English is a little limited), mountain hikes and bike rides. Seriously, I would love some visitors; you are all invited, think about it… The tickets are a little expensive, but after that you can pretty much live for free… Plus once you are here, you could check out some of the rest of South America, it’s not so bad either. I’m telling you, it’s the chance of a lifetime, take it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just visited my daughter, a Peace Corps volunteer. I agree that the tickets are expensive to get to Bolivia, but once there it is very cheap. The visit was well worth it. I hope the political problems get worked out and you get some visitors.

eileen said...

is it hard to get from mexico to bolivia?? i'm going to see allie for her semester abroad. maybe i could do both???