Saturday, March 29, 2008

25 in Bolivia

I was a little worried about spending my birthday in my site... but it turned out to be a wonderful day. I woke up to a radio that my host family had placed outside of my window at about 6:30 am, the announcer was wishing me a happy birthday on his "Good Morning San Jose Show". " Happy birthday to our gringa Annita... " I was invited to breakfast, lunch and dinner with different neighbors, family and friends! Dona Rosita made me a beautiful breakfsat with egg salad sandwiches and fig crepes. Lunch was with Deisy, Negro,(the family I live with) Patty, Pierre (Deisy's daughter and son in law) and Jenny (my sitemate), later Jenny and I, along with 2 new Argentine friends went to Patty's resturant for a light dinner and a banana split! yummm!!!!! I was so happy to be able to talk to so many friends and family from home, along with feeling very appreciated by the people in my town. I was even given a couple little gifts; a towel, an Ayureo Indian necklace, a mug! so nice!

The San Jose Girls; Patty, Clara, Ani, Deisy, Jenny



Later some celebrations with some Peace Corps friends
Typical Bolivian Kareoke- a camba favorite

Abe, Mathias, Josh


2 comments:

eileen said...

you are so cute in that rainbow! and who are those hottie boys ??!!!??? i'm coming for a visit :)

Anna said...

hahaha.. they are my friends that are waiting for you... come on down leen!